Friday, June 20, 2008

WebLogic Server 10 : JDeveloper : Cannot instantiate class: weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory

"

Cannot instantiate class: weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory

"

I was trying to create a connection to WebLogic Server 10 from JDeveloper 10.1.3 & I encountered this error. The Connection Wizard threw this error when I wanted to test the connection.

The problem is simple - JDeveloper cannot find the class WLInitialContextFactory required to connect to my WebLogic Server.

The class is present in the JAR File weblogic.jar. The JAR file is present in the folder $WEBLOGIC_HOME/wlserver_10.0\server\lib.

I simply copied the weblogic.jar file from $WEBLOGIC_HOME\wlserver_10.0\server\lib and put it in JDEVELOPER_HOME\jdev\lib\ext

JDeveloper was able to find the JAR File & proceed with the connection without any hitch.

No comments: