Thursday, June 26, 2008

Oracle TopLink or EclipseLink ?

" Oracle TopLink will be Oracle's distribution of EclipseLink included with support with all editions of our Application Server as well as for standalone usage for customers who want commercial support and maintenance."



I just read this interesting thread on the OTN TopLink Forum. Oracle TopLink &will henceforth become EclipseLink.

I have been having this question every since I read about the EclipseLink Project. However, I got the answer today after reading the thread on the forum.

The interesting part about this is that the EclipseLink project now has contributions from people with different backgrounds. The product will be developed by people from different compaines & affiliations.

I am sure this "open sourcing" of TopLink ( EclipseLink ) will take it to new levels.

I wish the best for the TopLink team & the community !

No comments: