Friday, January 25, 2008

Network Troubleshooting - 0 : Need

A fairly good understanding of Networking concepts is important if your are working on a Multi-Tiered Distributed Project.

You could be working on JEE or any other Technology stack - without a basic understanding of he underlying network, you will frequently find yourself wondering why some of the components "don't talk to each other".

You need to have a basic understanding of the underlying Network, a few common problems & simple troubleshooting. It will help you articulate the nature of the problem to your Stakeholders & most importantly to your IT Help Desk Staff.

I also ask a few networking questions during my interview sessions to gauge if the candiate if aware of some of the basic facts.

I am definitely not an expert in Networking, but I would like to share some observations from my limited experience.

No comments: