Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Oracle 10.1.3.x JavaSSO : LDAP Configuration Checklist

" In AS 10.1.3.x Oracle came up with the JavaSSO. Seems to be (from a high level perspective) a poor man's version of the SSO from the AS 10.1.2.x. "

Andreas

I have to agree with Andreas. The JavaSSO solution bundled with the Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.x is definitely a poor man's SSO, with a few basic options & very little available documentation.

I am with Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.x JavaSSO & was trying to configure it with an Oracle Internet Directory. I hit a lot of "gotchas" & had to spend a lot of time wading through the documentation to get it working.

I guess I need a small "checklist" to summarize the steps I took to get it to work :-

1. Configure the OID as a Security Provider in the OC4J.
2. Start the JavaSSO application ( it is switched off by default ).
3. Configure JavaSSO to use the OID Security Provider.
4. Configure your application's web.xml & list the security settings.
4. Deploy the Application - ensure that the "Enable JavaSSO" option is checked at deploy time. You can do it later too from the administration console.
5. Ensure that the deployed uses the OID Security Provider.
6. Configure the deployed application as a Partner Application in JavaSSO.


I'll provide more information on some of these steps in future posts.



No comments: